Full Specifications & Features
Size & Weight
- MAIN UNIT SIZE – BODY ONLY (W X H X D)
- MAIN UNIT WEIGHT – BODY ONLY
- 2.0 kg
- SUBWOOFER SIZE (W X H X D)
- SUBWOOFER WEIGHT
- 7.8 kg
- Rear Speaker Size (W X H X D) (MM)
- 83x180x74.5 mm
- AMP BOX(W X H X D)
- AMP BOX(KG)
- Amplifier Type
- Digital Amplifier, S-Master
- Amplifier Channels
- Power Output (Total)
- Subwoofer Type
- Input and Output Terminals
- Analogue audio input (stereo mini),USB typeA,FAT32 / NTFS, Optical-audio input
- Bluetooth version
- Number of Input/Output
- Input / Output: 0 / 1 (ARC)
- HDMI CEC
- HDMI input
- Dolby Digital, LPCM 2ch, Dolby Dual mono
- Optical Input
- Dolby Digital, LPCM 2ch
- WAV, MP3, WMA
- Sound Mode
- Auto Sound, Cinema, Music
- Sound Effect
- Night Mode, Voice Mode
- Power Consumption
- SW 55W / SUR 20W
- Power consumption(on QuickStart mode)
- SW 0.5W / SUR 0.5W
- Power consumption(on Remote Start mode)
- SW 2W / SUR 0.5W
Eco and energy saving
- Power Consumption (Off Mode)
- not available
- Power Consumption (Standby Mode)
- 0.5 W
- Power Consumption (Networked Standby Mode) – Terminals
- 2.0 W (HDMI CEC, Bluetooth, all terminals and networks connected)
- Standby Mode Activated
- After 20 minutes
- Networked Standby Mode Activated – Terminals
- After 20 minutes (HDMI CEC, Bluetooth)
- Wireless Network(s) On/Off Switch
- “Menu” -> “BT” -> “STANDBY” -> ON/OFF “Menu” ->”HDMI” -> “CONTROL FOR HDMI” -> ON/OFF
What’s In The Box
- Remote Control
- Batteries for remote commander
- Optical Cable
- AC Cord
- Quick Setup Guide
- Instruction Manual
- Warranty Card
Immerse yourself in powerful surround sound
For an exceptional audio experience, a combination of soundbar, subwoofer and wireless rear speakers deliver a dynamic surround sound that fills your room. And with 600W output and Dolby Digital® you’ll get powerful sound that puts you at the heart of the action.
600W total power output
A total power output of 600W helps bring every movie scene to life.
5.1ch real surround sound
A three channel bar speaker, rear speakers and a subwoofer work together to deliver big, full-frequency sound.
Dolby® Digital technology
Enjoy dramatic, high-quality surround sound from 5.1 separate audio channels with Dolby® Digital.
A wireless design
With a wireless amplifier to power the rear speakers, there are no wires between the front and the rear of your room to get in the way. The subwoofer and soundbar also share a single power connection, so the system can deliver cinema sound without clutter or complexity.
TV wireless connection
For even fewer wires in your living room, you can send audio to your home theatre system wirelessly with a Bluetooth® supporting Sony BRAVIA TV.
Use the USB port to plug and play from a USB memory stick.
Use Bluetooth® to wirelessly stream music from your smartphone.
Slim and elegant
The punched-metal grill and ability to be wall-mounted make the soundbar a great match for any TV.
Stylish and unobtrusive
Compact, yet powerful wireless rear speakers effortlessly integrate with your room and can easily be wall mounted.
Versatile 2-way design
Place the wireless amplifier however you like – flat on a surface like a table, or mount it on the wall.
Set up in seconds
The HT-S40R is almost ready to go straight out of the box. Simply plug it in, wire up your main bar speaker using simple colour-coded connections and connect rear speakers via the wireless amplifier. Then sit back and enjoy 5.1 channels of real surround sound.
HDMI ARC (Audio Return Channel) lets you connect to compatible TVs with a single cable, reducing cable clutter.
TV not compatible with HDMI ARC? Enjoy high quality sound for movies and more when you connect to the optical input.
If HDMI ARC and the optical input aren’t an option, simply connect your TV using the analogue input.
Feel and hear the action all around you, as sound travels behind you and draws you into the movie experience.
Hear all the vividness and richness of your favourite music in fine detail.
Whether it’s the morning news or a season finale, this mode tailors sound settings to accentuate speech so you won’t miss a word.
Watching a movie at night? This function optimises the sound balance so you can hear everything clearly even at low volume levels.