Size & Weight
- MAIN UNIT SIZE – BODY ONLY (W X H X D)
- 980 x 64 x 108mm
- MAIN UNIT WEIGHT – BODY ONLY
- SUBWOOFER SIZE (W X H X D)
- 192 x 387 x 406mm
- SUBWOOFER WEIGHT
- Amplifier Type
- Digital Amplifier,S-Master
- Amplifier Channels
- Power Output (Total)
- Subwoofer Type
- Input and Output Terminals
- Optical-audio input,USB typeA,FAT32
- IEEE802.11 version
- RX (receiver)
- Bluetooth version
- Number of Input/Output
- Input / Output: 1 / 1 (eARC / ARC)
- Dolby Vision™ Compatible
- HLG (hybrid log gamma)
- BRAVIA Sync
- HDMI CEC
- HDMI input
- Dolby Digital,Dolby Digital plus,Dolby TrueHD,Dolby Dual mono,DTS,DTS HD High Resolution Audio,DTS HD Master Audio,DTS ES,DTS 96 / 24,DTS: X,LPCM
- HDMI eARC
- Dolby Digital,Dolby Digital plus,Dolby TrueHD,Dolby Atmos,Dolby Dual mono,DTS,DTS HD High Resolution Audio,DTS HD Master Audio,DTS ES,DTS 96 / 24,DTS: X,LPCM
- Optical Input
- Dolby Digital,Dolby Dual mono,DTS,LPCM 2ch
- Sound Mode
- Auto Sound,Cinema,Music,Standard
- Sound Effect
- Night Mode,Voice Mode,Voice Mode (level)
- Virtual Surround Technology
- S-Force PRO,Vertical Surround Engine,DTS Virtual:X
- Speaker Structure
- 3.1ch (wireless Subwoofer)
- bar speaker
- Wireless Surround
- Wireless Surround (with optional wireless speakers)
- TV Wireless connection
- Wireless Multi-room
- Power Consumption
- BAR 45W / SW 20W
Eco and energy saving
- Power Consumption (Off Mode)
- not available
- Power Consumption (Standby Mode)
- Power Consumption (Networked Standby Mode) – Terminals
- 2.0W (HDMI CEC, Bluetooth, all terminals and networks connected)
- Standby Mode Activated
- After 20 minutes
- Networked Standby Mode Activated – Terminals
- After 20 minutes (HDMI CEC, Bluetooth)
- Wireless Network(s) On/Off Switch
- “Menu” -> “BT” -> “STANDBY” -> ON/OFF “Menu” ->”HDMI” -> “CONTROL FOR HDMI” -> ON/OFF
What’s In The Box
- Remote Control
- Batteries for remote commander
- Optical Cable
- AC Cord
- Warranty Card
- Quick Setup Guide
- Instruction Manual
Hear sound from all directions with up to 7.1.2 channel surround sound
Vertical Surround Engine, our advanced surround technology, lets you enjoy the thrill of the latest cinema audio formats like Dolby Atmos® and DTS:X™ in a slim unit. Its three front speakers, combined with unique Sony signal processing, reproduce “vertical” surround, creating virtual surround sound that seems to come from all around you.
Everything upscaled close to 7.1.2ch
In a modern movie theatre there are speakers all around you, each with their finely tuned sounds, combining to make a fully immersive surround sound experience. Hit the Immersive AE (Audio Enhancement) button and the HT-G700 can upscale even regular stereo audio to 7.1.2 surround sound – so every TV show and movie gets the surround sound treatment.
Uplifted sound fits the height of your TV
Sound is fine-tuned to match the height of your TV by S-Force PRO. Now, even if your TV is bigger than 55 inches, it will sound like audio is coming from your TV screen, putting you deeper into everything you watch.
Wireless subwoofer for rich, powerful bass
A powerful wireless subwoofer delivers a deeper, richer bass sound – and with simple wireless connection, where you place it is up to you.
Sound modes to match your entertainment
Select the sound or audio mode best suited to your entertainment with a direct key on your remote control. Go deeper into movies with Cinema mode and hear every detail of your favourite tracks in Music mode. Voice mode tailors sound settings to accentuate speech so you won’t miss a word. And Night mode optimises the sound balance so you can hear everything clearly even at low volume levels.
Connect a compatible TV or device wirelessly via Bluetooth® technology, or use the HDMI eARC/ARC or optical digital input for full-bandwidth sound.
Enjoy all your movies in 4K HDR quality
With the latest 4K HDR 18Gbps pass through and HDCP2.2/HDCP2.3, the HT-G700 is made for the latest home cinema formats including Dolby Vision, HDR10 and Hybrid Log Gamma.
Wireless connectivity with your TV
Send audio wirelessly from your compatible Sony TV to your sound bar using Bluetooth® technology.
One-cable HDMI eARC/ARC
Send audio and control information from your TV using just one cable with HDMI.
Stream with Bluetooth® technology
Stream music wirelessly with Bluetooth® technology.
Experience sound from above
Thanks to Sony’s virtual surround technology, the soundbar can position sound in vertical space – so you can experience 3D audio without the need for in-ceiling or up-firing speakers. As well as Dolby Atmos and DTS:X, Vertical Surround Engine lends a more realistic, multi-dimensional sound to other formats too.
Surround made simple
Using front speakers only, Sony’s unique digital sound field processing technology virtually reproduces the surround sound field, with audio coming at you from both sides. There’s no need to add rear speakers, meaning you can enjoy rich, cinematic surround sound without cluttering your living space.